Wednesday, August 19, 2026

3rd Quarter Potluck Soup Recipe--it's LENTILS!

 Look, frando, I'm a soup witch. I just am. And I do have a go-to potluck soup. There are different tweaks I make to it (depending on what I remember to put in, and what is in my house at the time of creation), but for the past few years it has nearly always been lentil-based.

I can't help it. I always have lentils in the house, and they absorb seasoning and aromatic flavors like a dream. They are filling, and nutritious, and you can adjust the texture with a simple whiz of an immersion blender. 

This one is a curry-flavored soup, made with coconut milk. It adds creaminess without the worry of a curdle in a long-held soup. It's a lighter soup, perfect for a summer lunch.

The lemon was the real eye-opener. I didn't realize what a difference a little squeeze of citrus would make to what was already a delicious bowl.

Anyway, if you like soup, and writing, come to our next event. I usually bring little plastic containers (we buy a lot of deli meats in those little rectangle boxes and I refuse to throw them away) so you can take some home with you. I'm always desperate to empty the pot and fill your bellies.

Here's the recipe: 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment