Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Regional NaNoMail October 18th, 2023

 Hello Sockmonkeys!

I was hoping to post these in their own area here on the blog, but it doesn't really allow for that kind of functionality. That means I will try to cross-post the regional messages I send out via the NaNoWriMo site in case people do not get the emails but might still like the information. Please note that most of the links lead to posts and events on the NaNoWriMo website or forums, so you will need to be logged in there in order to see them.

Hello Sockmonkey Neighbors!


First of all, let me thank those of you who have already dropped in our regional forums and introduced yourselves! If you’re participating in the noveling neighborhood this November and you haven’t done so yet, please, pop over and tell us a bit about you in our Won’t you be my Sockmonkey Neighbor? thread.


One of our neighbors mentioned the Jots, Bins, Pants method of novel planning in his introduction and I hadn’t heard of it before, so I created a thread for him to describe it - as well as for any Sockmonkeys who have a favorite plotting method they use to share theirs. Please do pop in and learn about this method or drop a link and a bit of a synopsis of your favorite story planning method (no matter how simple or complex) so that any Sockmonkey neighbors new to NaNoWriMo have a chance to find one or two they can try if they’re not sure where to start.


Pierce County is a big Neighborhood!


While I would love to be able to host events close to and meet as many NaNoPierceCo Sockmonkey Neighbors as possible, that’s just not feasible, so I hope some of you will consider hosting some writing time near you or even online. It doesn’t need to be a recurring event. Pick a time, date and location that work with your schedule. For more details on how to submit an event, please visit this Hosting Your Own Write-Ins thread and feel free to reach out to me if you need help setting it up or have any questions. Neighborly encouragement really does help NaNoWriMo word count, so I hope you’ll consider attending and/or hosting an event this November.


Speaking of events…**


New to NaNoWriMo? Participated before? I hope you’ll stop in to our regional Zoom/Discord Prep Chat and Meet Your Neighbors event this Sunday, Oct. 22, from 2 - 3:30 p.m.

Our Online Kickoff Discord Movie Watch Party is back this year on Sunday, Oct. 29, from 7 - 9:30 p.m.

A big thank you to our host at the Puyallup Public Library for hosting three write-ins this November! The first one is on Wednesday, Nov. 1st, from 5:30 - 7 p.m.

Big thanks also goes out to our host at the University Place Library for hosting four write-ins this November! The first one is on Wednesday, Nov. 1st, from 6 - 8 p.m.

Many thanks also to our host at the Graham Public Library for hosting two write-ins this November! The first one is on Thursday, Nov. 2, from 3 - 5 p.m.

I’m hosting a longer in person casual Kick off and Write-in thanks to Ben Haines who blocked off the Sumner library’s meeting room for our use. The event is scheduled for Sunday, Nov. 5th from 1 - 5 p.m.. This will also be a potluck for snacks, so if you’re willing to bring something to share, please sign up using this Google form.



There are other events and venues in the planning stages that will be up on the site soon once they’ve been finalized, so please keep checking the events tab for the most up-to-date schedule.


**While I stated it inside the events I’m hosting, please be aware that if I or anyone in my household becomes ill I will cancel those in person events and turn them into online sessions only. Please check each event listing on the events tab prior to attending an event to check for updates before heading to the venue.


I think I’ve babbled on long enough, so I’ll sign off here, but I will send more updates and reminders in the next few days.


Stay healthy, let those creative juices flow and please participate in our writing neighborhood whenever you can!


Kyrthanna Elvendahl (You can send me a NaNoMail via the forums if you click here.)






No comments:

Post a Comment